I wanted to come up with an interesting Easter salad. Something fresh and springy, yellow like sunshine and light green. Suddenly the idea came….an Easter egg salad!
A flavorful deviled egg nested in Boston Bibb lettuce with some tender spring asparagus and avocado, sprinkled with finely chopped chives and crumbled egg yolk…..that’s the look. Then, showered with a Fresh Lemon vinaigrette dressing …that’s the taste. I took a chance and gave it a try…It was a success!
- Peel the eggs.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
- Gently remove the yolk halves and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash up the yolks and add mustard, mayonnaise, onion, Tabasco, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if you wish.
- In a jar or a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, onion salt to taste and pepper.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature. Shake or stir before serving.
- Arrange on individual plates with other ingredients or on a large platter for a buffet table.