When it is a Sister’s big birthday at the Convent we try to make it as special as we can. Last week for her 60th birthday the Sister celebrating it chose for a theme “Spring on Cape Cod.”
Decorations included a variety of spring flowers and plants, forsythia and pussy willow and beautiful sea shells.
The menu was “Fish and Chips” served in divided little baskets. The atmosphere was purposefully casual with lots of fun and merry making. The food owed its success to this simple yet “Special Beer Batter” used for frying.
Special Beer Batter
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can beer
- 1 egg(s)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 cups potato chips crushed
- Pour beer into flour ’til thin.
- Add 1 beaten egg, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Dip fish or chicken in the batter and then roll in potato chip crumbs
- Fry at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-4 minutes.