As Americans unite and pull together during this time of crisis, we find
ourselves going back to basics in lots of areas, including food! With so many
families housebound, both parents and children, “comfort food” can play a
part in helping relieve the stress and increase relaxation. Meatloaf and
mashed potatoes are a great way to go—hearty, simple and sure to be a hit.
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
READY IN1hour, 10 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp herbs dried
- 3/4 tsp salt and generous sprinkling black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Set oven at 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine beef, panko or bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- With a good sized spoon, mix gently until well combined, without over-handling it, which toughens the meat.
- Place the meat mixture in loaf pan.
- Combine ketchup, wine vinegar, brown sugar and spread over the top of meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered for about 55 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- For those who like the ketchup topping to be a little browned and crispy, put under the broiler, turning it around every few seconds, for about 3-5 minutes
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite mashed potatoes!