September is season unto itself on Cape Cod. As many of our visitors return home to school and work, there is a quieter spirit. Yet the air is warm, gardens are full, the beaches are less crowded and the sunsets are beautiful. We are enjoying the best month of the year here. There is still lots of outdoor living to be done before the crispness comes with days of shorter daylight. Thought this recipe for one of the best and freshest tasting gelatos might be just the thing for some of those late summer warm nights.
CHANGE SERVING SIZEquart
READY IN2 1/2hrs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups sugar granulated
- 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer combine creams and sugar until sugar dissolves
- Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and zest and salt
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve in a hollowed out lemon half for a stunning presentation.