One of our cooking sisters has made it her “mission” to incorporate healthy foods into the convent diet and get people to eat things they would not naturally choose-by making them into tasty, attractive dishes. She certainly succeeded yesterday, so much so that I never got to taste her crispy black bean cakes because I was late to lunch and there was not a one left to even sample.
However, all the Sisters who had them insisted they were fabulous and that they must be written up as a blog…..so here is the recipe…..Let me know what you think.
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- Crispy Black Bean Fritters
- 3 cups black beans cooked
- 1 bell pepper(s) yellow, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion(s) diced
- 2 garlic clove(s) crushed
- 1 tomato(es) chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup flour all purpose
- 2 egg(s)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil Extra virgin (for frying)
- Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek Yogurt)
- 1/2 green chili pepper(s) seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove(s) crushed
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
P.S. Black beans have been proven to significantly aid the digestive system.