Spring Shrimp Salad
The message came to our Guest House cooks: Luncheon for two on Friday—and they would prefer to have no meat. With Spring on the way, the first thing that came to me was a Shrimp Salad plate—quick, easy, delicious!
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- 20 large, raw shrimp
- 1 juice of a generous lemon slice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise more or less depending on desired consistency
- kosher salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaves chopped
- chives chopped
- celery chopped (if desired)
- If frozen, thaw shrimp, rinse and remove any shells or veins
- Place in simmering, salted water and cook about 8 minutes or until pink—and firm to the taste but not overcooked or tough
- Drain and cool in refrigerator for a few minutes; then remove and chop coarsely.
- Gently toss with mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, all to taste. Add chopped chives and celery if desired.
Serve however you’d like—it goes well with a cup of soup, some sliced veggies and perhaps a warm roll!