Today is Springtime at its best on Cape Cod— robins chirping, rabbits and squirrels scampering about, flowers blooming everywhere.
Put’s me in the mood to try a fresh new cookie recipe, and I have indeed found one! Crunchy, rich, with added coconut and a bit of almond flavoring—I ended up making a second batch, as I know they’ll be needed for upcoming events.
SERVINGS3dozen (approx. 40 cookies)
CHANGE SERVING SIZEdozen (approx. 40 cookies)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup sugar + additional for rolling
- 1 egg(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the egg and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients just until blended. Add the coconut and mix well but don't over beat.
- Form into balls, a little larger than walnut size, roll in sugar, flatten with the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for 15 minutes or until just barely golden around the edges.