Last week, while waiting for an appointment, I casually flipped through a magazine and while doing so, my eyes fell on what looked like a potentially interesting recipe, involving little work, minimal preparation, and minimal cooking. In fact, it almost appeared to cook itself, and in no time at all. This was too good to pass up so I had to give it a try…..and I am so glad I did.
The result was a simple but elegant entree with a delicate subtle gourmet touch making it fit for a princess, while at the same time perfectly filling the bill for a healthy, flavorful, low fat dish for fish lovers.
Princess Louise Sole
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. onion(s) (or scallions) finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. sherry (or white wine)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ginger ground
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper ground, to taste
- 3 fillets of sole
- Sauté onion or scallions in butter slightly.
- Except for the sole add other ingredients to the butter and onions
- Bring to a boil. Add fillets.
- Turn heat way down and cover for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.