Advent is truly a wondrous time—so full of beauty, expectancy and hope. It’s also a time of expressing love and gratitude to those we work with all year long! Here’s a wonderfully simple recipe to serve at any kind of Christmas gathering, with minimal preparation, and with a delicious and lovely result!
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- 2 (8 ) oz packages of cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crushed
- 4 melted butter optional
- Strawberry Topping
- 2 cups fresh strawberries cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- red food coloring For brighter color
- In electric mixer, with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar until smooth. Add the lemon juice, zest and vanilla; continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add a layer of graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of shooters. (For a richer “crust”, mix in 4 tablespoons melted butter first)
- Top the layer of cracker crumbs with cheesecake filling, spooning a slight indentation for strawberry topping
- Combine chopped berries, cornstarch/warm water mixture, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to gentle boil and allow to simmer until thickened, about 5 Minutes, adding food coloring if desired.
- Allow to cool, about 10 minutes (or faster in refrigerator)
- Spoon topping onto parfaits and serve, or refrigerate if desired
Note: Best served in 2 1/2 oz glass shooters!
Recipe adapted from "Just a Taste". - See the original recipe at the justataste.com website