Here’s a tasty and classy recipe that we served to our guest in Bethany tonight. The prep time is minimal. You can make the marinade ahead, add the steak tips, seal in a zip lock bag and freeze until ready to use (skip to step 2). We recommend buying steak tips when they are on sale. All of us love comfort food, and this is the perfect recipe for a busy family. The marinade is also our new favorite for steaks and grilling as we head towards summer – a teriyaki kind of flavor. We got rave reviews from our guest, so give it a try!
CHANGE SERVING SIZEservings
READY IN35 mins
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp onion minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- For the Beef and Mushrooms
- 6 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 lbs marinated beef tenderloin or sirloin steak tips cut into 1" pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs mushroom(s) brushed clean and halved
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup reserved marinade strained (or 1 cup beef broth)
- In a shallow bowl, make the marinade by combining soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, onion, ginger and pepper. Coat beef tips with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hrs.
- Remove steak tips from marinade and pat meat dry. Reserve marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with oil. When oil is hot and begins to smoke, add the beef and brown 3 min. on each side. Do not overcook. Remove when evenly deep brown and reserve on a plate.
- Add remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil to skillet, heat until oil ripples then add mushrooms and brown 7-8 min. Add garlic after 5 to 6 min. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper and cook a few minutes more.
- Add sherry, reduce 1 minute. Add 1 cup of reserved marinade (strained). Reduce heat and cook, reducing liquid until thickened.
- Add beef tips, their juices and mushrooms to the pan, cook for 2 min. Serve with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables on the side.