We continue to enjoy the harvest from our gardens over these summer months. This week we had an abundance of beautiful lettuce, so we expanded our repertoire and tried out some new combinations for our guests at Bethany. The crisp, salty, creaminess of the fried goat cheese paired with the sweet and pungent combination of the blackberry balsamic vinaigrette is the key here. Summer is a wonderful time to experiment with all sorts of combinations in a salad. “The colors of a fresh garden salad are so extraordinary, no painter’s pallet can duplicate nature’s artistry.” Have fun creating, eating, sharing, and enjoying nature’s storehouse!
CHANGE SERVING SIZEservings
PREP TIME10 mins(30 mins marinate)
READY IN30 mins
- Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fried Goat Cheese
- 8 oz goat cheese either sliced into 1/4 inch thick discs or formed into small balls
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- lettuce preferably bibb lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Mix everything well in the blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Fried Goat Cheese
- Dredge the goat cheese slices/balls in the flour
- Dip in the beaten egg
- Dip in panko
- Fry in oil over medium heat until lightly golden brown before setting aside on paper towels to drain.
- Marinate the chicken in half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes to over night before grilling over medium-high heat until golden and cooked through, about 2-5 minutes per side. Set aside to cool and slice.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!
Note: Best enjoyed while the fried goat cheese is still warm from frying!