By the time you read this, you have enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebration. I hope for all it was a special, blessed time, with lots of good fellowship and food! I am a nibbler on Thanksgiving — I never want to not have room for dessert at the end of the day. Actually, I think I could be happy with just turkey sandwiches on white bread with lots of Hellmann’s mayo and some cranberry chutney for my Thanksgiving meal. Another one of my most favorite sandwiches of the season is a ham, cheddar cheese, and apple carrot chutney on multi-grain bread. (Or bulkie rolls or white bread for that matter.) It makes a really good slider, too. You just pile it all together and put in the oven for about 15 minutes. This sandwich pairs well with Butternut Squash Soup.
Ham, Cheese and Chutney Sandwiches
CHANGE SERVING SIZESandwiches
COOK TIME10 - 15mins.
- 8 slices bread multi-grain
- 12 to 16 slices ham thin
- 8 slices cheddar sharp
- about 1/2 cup apple carrot chutney (see earlier blog)
- about 1/2 cup mayonnaise preferably Hellmann’s
- 1 or 2 tbsp. mustard hearty
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spread this mixture onto both sides of the bread.
- Pile ham onto half of the bread slices.
- Spoon on chutney according to taste preference, but make sure it is even so you get some in each bite!
- Next layer on your cheese, then the other slice of bread.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! (You can also pile onto toasted bulkie rolls, and bake open faced, placing the other half of the roll on the sandwich just before serving.)