Summer may officially be over, but some of our garden vegetables happily are refusing to acknowledge it as they continue to provide us with a daily abundance of fresh produce. Among our favorites are beautiful multi-colored tomatoes, not only gorgeous to behold but luscious to enjoy.
Likewise our herb gardens continue to thrive producing sturdy plants of vibrant green flavorful offerings to enhance our food. Basil a favorite of so many has become the ingredient of choice along with a few other seasonings to combine with fresh buttermilk as a special dressing for lovely sliced tomatoes.
A winner with many of our sisters and special guests, why not give it a try?
SERVINGS1cup (4-6 servings)
CHANGE SERVING SIZEcup (4-6 servings)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 scallion(s)
- Onion salt to taste
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- Whisk buttermilk and mayonnaise in a bowl
- Transfer to a blender and add garlic, onion salt, and scallions. Blend until the scallions resemble finely minced pieces
- Add chopped basil and blend a few seconds more to combine
- Transfer back to the bowl and refrigerate (covered) overnight to allow flavors to develop
- Serve drizzled over freshly sliced tomatoes and enjoy!