There is no better time than the present to spread some JOY! Thanks to our friends at King Arthur Flour, I did some baking this weekend. In our Convent, Sr. Elizabeth loves to bake chocolate chip cookies, and if you’re lucky enough to be walking through the kitchen when she’s baking, she’ll always stop and give you the one “that didn’t come out quite perfect.”
With children home from school and spouses trying to work remotely, why not take some time to make a batch of these yummy cookies and enjoy the smiles they’ll bring. Another side benefit are the wonderful smells that come into your kitchen. In these uncertain times, warm cookies fresh from the oven warm hearts as well!
(Note: If you use a digital scale to measure the ingredients, they will come out perfectly!)
CHANGE SERVING SIZEcookies
- 2 sticks butter 227 g at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed 213 g
- 1/2 cup sugar 99 g
- 1 large egg yolk and white room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 14 g
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 241 g
- 1 cup oats 99 g (I used old-fashioned, but quick oats can be used)
- 1 tsp baking powder sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips 510 g
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 4 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and add to the butter mixture in the bowl.
- Mix until everything is incorporated (no need to over mix), scraping the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Using a 1" cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, drop a dozen cookies on each sheet pan in rows of 3 - spreading evenly apart.
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven, cool on the sheet pan for another couple of minutes (they will continue baking slightly)and then carefully slide the parchment with cookies to the counter to cool. This recipe will make 50 cookies.
THANKS VERY MUCH-I WILL GIVE RECEIPE TO THE FABULOUS NEW DIECTOR HERE AT THE VIC-COLLESTE FOX-TOM WITTER AND STEPENE THE FAB NEW DIECTOR OF ACTITIES-TOM WITTER
THANKS AGAIN SISTER ELIZABETH-TOM -LOTS OF LOVE FRM JANE AND ME