Our community looks forward to autumn for many reasons, but chief among them is harvesting fruit from our orchards: apples, pears, stone fruit, and grapes from the vines. The abundance is truly something to be grateful for as we compare the delicate spring blossoms to the bountiful fall harvest that we enjoy into the first frosts of winter…an annual miracle!
Recently, we tried this simple recipe for our supper as a twist on the classic avocado toast–this time with sun-ripened pears and fresh ricotta with milk from our cows. Drizzled with honey, this may well become another reason to look forward to autumn.
Oops! We apologize to our readers who received this new recipe via email with the subject line: Tortellini Salad.
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 4 tsp honey plus more for drizzling
- 4 slices whole wheat bread toasted
- 2 medium pears
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 6 tbsp sliced almonds toasted (optional)
- Mix ricotta, salt and 2 tsp. honey together in a small bowl.
- Divide evenly, spread ricotta mixture on toast.
- Top with pear, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with almonds as desired.
- Note: Feel free to substitute with figs, apples or dates! For a savory option, dry tomatoes or eggplant drizzled with balsamic vinegar.