Now that the warmer weather is definitely here, most people are wanting lighter meals and a menu that includes more salads. With this in mind we wanted to come up with a light “Warmer Weather” salad dressing. This was a first attempt that most of us felt succeeded at doing just that.
First we chose a light olive oil and a mild rice vinegar as our base. To this we added a touch of spring from our herb garden by blending in a bit of fresh mint and several tender young green scallions. Into this, a little onion salt, some frozen orange juice concentrate, and just a hint of lemon zest gave our mixture just the right touch of brightness we were hoping for.
CHANGE SERVING SIZEcups
- 1 cup olive oil light
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 2 small scallion(s) minced
- 1 or 2 sprigs fresh mint minced
- 3 Tbsp water
- pinch of onion salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- pinch of fresh lemon zest
- Blend all ingredients together. Toss with your favorite salad greens and veggies.