Flipping through a folder of collected food photos and recipes, my eye was captured by one that looked like a pizza—and yet it wasn’t.
Here was a bright combination of fresh fruit and vegetables, specifically sliced tomatoes and peaches on a flatbread topped with a mixture of ricotta and parmesan cheese. What fun! With no recipe to follow, I launched into producing it on my own until I later found it written up in the June issue of “Cooking Light.”
If you’re looking for a fun food that’s quick, easy, tastes great and is still healthy you will want to try this. Enjoy!
SERVINGS8servings (serving= 2 slices)
CHANGE SERVING SIZEservings (serving= 2 slices)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp oregano finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 8oz package Naan bread
- 1 medium tomato halved and sliced
- 1 peach sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 tsp Onion salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat grill on medium high heat.
- Using a whisk, mix the ricotta, onion salt, oregano, and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Brush both sides of the Naan bread with oil and grill each side for 2 minutes and remove from grill.
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the top, arranging the tomatoes, peaches and basil leaves as desired.
- Cut each naan into 8 slices and arrange on a plate to serve.