Our Gregorian Chant Retreat has just come to a close today, ending on a very positive and productive note, with a number of first timers wanting to return! Always a rewarding finale to any retreat.
In addition to the new faces in attendance were a number of new menus that brought many sincere compliments from the eaters. One of the new dishes was this warm autumn salad, featuring golden roasted butternut squash topped with smooth soft goat cheese.
CHANGE SERVING SIZEservings
- 10 oz. mixed greens
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butternut squash, pecans, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and brown sugar.
- Spread on rimmed baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on pan.
- Assemble salad by topping mixed greens with squash mixture, dried cranberries, goat cheese, and green onions.
- Drizzle with maple mustard vinaigrette.