This is the season for salad lovers, and we have been enjoying lots of salads at the convent with the daily fresh picked lettuce, herbs, and cucumbers from our gardens.
To add interest to them I’ve come up with my own croutons. If you like crisp and crunch, and you savor the flavor of Parmesan and pepperoni you’re sure to like these.
They are simple, quick and easy to make, add great taste to your salads, and served as snacks, they disappear in no time.
CHANGE SERVING SIZE
- 4 cups Italian Bread torn (about 1/2 of a loaf)
- 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning mixed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepperoni torn
- Tear bread into bite sized pieces to equal about 4 cups.
- Toss with seasonings.
- Spread out on 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and torn pepperoni.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until golden all over.
- Cool and break into pieces.